The Yorkshire Dales LAG submitted a new Local Development Strategy in 2014 and was approved for LEADER funding of £2.23 million in January 2015.
The new Local Development Strategy will run from 2014- 2020. If you would like to get involved, please contact me or watch for meeting and event dates.
Our LEADER Programme 2014-2020
The Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme 2014-2020 is not yet accepting applications.
The aim of our LEADER Programme in 2014-2020 is ;
“To grow a sustainable rural economy by developing diverse economic growth and creating sustainable communities, capitalising on the areas internationally recognised distinctive environment, landscape, culture and heritage.”
We aim to support actions under our 6 priorities that :
- Strengthen the tourism industry building on the cultural, heritage and natural assets and the Dales identity;
- Improve the sustainability for upland land management in the Dales;
- Support the development of the local bioenergy* and renewable energy supply chains;
- Support entrepreneurship and enable business growth;
- Encourage the participation of young people and women in rural enterprise;
- Sustain and enhance rural services.
*The bio-economy focuses on the production and use of renewable biological resources and their conversion into value added product, – bioenergy. Forestry is at the heart of this concept.
We will do this through a regular Calls for Projects.
These will clearly say the type of project or business sector we may support, the outputs we are hoping to see as a result and the amount of funding we may offer. All of our Calls for Projects inviting applications will be published on our website and advertised on this Blog and through Social Media (Facebook and Twitter).
We will run funding and application workshops in the Spring of 2016.
For more information about our Local Development Strategy 2014-2020 please refer to our website, www.yorkshiredalesleader.co.uk .